Alternative Transportation News On Long Island
2. Link: Elmont family calls for action when teen is killed by automobile while crossing the road.
3. Link: Motor Parkway Bike Trail connecting Eisenhower Park with Farmingdale has been approved. There is not yet a time line for completion.
Alternative Transportation News Off Long Island
2. Link: Detroit adds 150 miles of bike lanes and gets increase of 400% in bike ridership.
3. Link: A University of California study finds that by increasing bike ridership, cities can degree CO2 emissions by as much as 10% and decrease infrastructure repair costs by as much as $25 trillion by 2050.
4. Link: Bicycle tourism has huge economic potential. If you read the article, definitely make certain to watch the video about Detroit, too.